- Expert advice is provided for the upkeep and conservation of records to Record Rooms and Libraries of various Government Departments and private entities.
- The State Archives coordinate with National Archives for providing grants to N.G.Os involved in the maintenance and preservation of records.
- Regular training courses are conducted for officials from various departments of the secretariat of Maharashtra Government, collectorates of various districts and commissionaires of Maharashtra state.
- Periodic inspection's are carried out by staff of the Archives of Record Rooms of collectorates and commissionaries.
- Facilities for research work are provided by the Archives. Researchers both from India and abroad extensively study the material available in Archives. Facilities for microfilming, photocopying, scanning, library and reading are made available to them. Topics for research for which adequate material is available are also suggested.
- An important aspect of the work of the Archives is to develop and encourage public awareness in old records and manuscripts. For this purpose Appreciation workshops, seminars, exhibitions are organized all over the state.